• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Got another coral today!!!!

I went to my lfs and got a new coral today. to me it looks like a frogspawn but what do you guys think? how much flow do they need? what do i feed them if they are not photosynthetic?

CORAL.jpg

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

what do you guys think?

C

concept3

that looks like a frogspawn.  I don't know of anyone who feeds them on a regular basis, see that phosphorescence on the coral (the glow), that's zooxanthellae, it's the symbiotic algae that lives on the coral (or something like that), so no, you don't have to feed it.

Although, I have read that those that are target fed grow/multiply quicker.

moderate to low light, gentle swaying flow, preferably indirect.

The coral looks good! Nice find!

thanks. i think it might be getting a little too much flow right now so im going to change the position. so i dont have to feed it. its just like my shrooms and zoos?

concept3 said:
that looks like a frogspawn.  I don't know of anyone who feeds them on a regular basis, ......

Yes you do! Although I have been neglectful lately!

They do grow faster when I feed, but as many have found, they will grow without feeding.