• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Great Job Live Aquaria!

Hey all!

I always liked corals from the Diver's Den at Live Aquaria. In fact, I think they are top notch when it comes to the internet. Here is how they held fast to their 14 day "arrive alive" guarantee.

1. The coral got to my house in ice cold water. It was the shippers fault.

2. I called Live Aquaria that day to let them know the condition it was in (almost all skeleton). I also told them I would try to nurse it back to health. They put a note on file.

3. 2 weeks later it was almost a gonner. I fed it. Vitamins. Yadda, yadda, yadda...

4. I called them back and sent pictures of the coral and my tank. We went over H2O parameters. They extended my warranty another week, or would give me partial credit (it was barely alive at the time).

5. I e-mailed them the next day because it was a gonner. I got an e-mail back with a full refund on the coral and shipping.

Great Job Live Aquaria! Another satisfied customer!!!

Mike,

I went through the same thing ... My problem is that the order shouldn't have come cold in the first place. Trust me, you and I are not the only people this happends to. They do it too much and it's a problem they need to fix. I don't like live aquaria because of the fact that a company that large shouldn't be mis-shipping corals like that. Also I'm convinced that they either photoshop thier coral pics or they are supersaturating the corals with 1000w MHs until they color up and take the pictures.

The corals I got from there that have actually lived don't look anything like they should. And my lighting is pretty heavy.

I have had 3 orders from them and never had a problem.. I have had a couple corals die in my tank after 3 - 5 days and get a credit.. But the packaging has always been awesome!

Hey Mike!

I've seen your tank and it looks great.

I think it's the shippers fault. When there is a large label on it that says "Live Fish. Handle with care." I guess they don't factor in the tempature factor.

Mike

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
"Live Fish. Handle with Care." is just be gentle with the package. Keeping the contents warm is the responsibility of the sender, not the shipping company. The package needs sufficient insulation and heat packs to "weather" the weather. If the contents of the styro box aren't warm when they're opened then that is most definitely LAs fault. See Tom's thread. Atlantis shipped him a box and the contents were warm and healthy when he opened it. As it should be.

I do have to say that their customer service is great and they always seem very willing to make good on DOA or any other issue that arises (I'm just sorry that their packaging allows for so much DOA). I don't hesitate to buy from them because they are very good about corals and fish that are misrepresented. I had ordered an alveopora a LONG time ago. They sent me 2 goni's before the alve finally showed up. They just kept replacing at their cost.

I do have to say that their customer service is great and they always seem very willing to make good on DOA or any other issue that arises (I'm just sorry that their packaging allows for so much DOA). I don't hesitate to buy from them because they are very good about corals and fish that are misrepresented.

I agree totally. Their customer service is second to none.

But I just think they can do better in other areas. I guess I just want it all.

I still check thier site at least everyother day to check out the corals and fish. I just havn't been motivated to buy anything. Don't get me wrong ... I want alot of their corals but I don't want to go through the disappointment incase something happens again.