• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Green Tipped Alveopora

Alveopora/gonioporas are slightly difficult corals to keep as they are a hit or miss on survivability depending on if they're wild caught or tank grown. I definitely would never recommend them to beginners. As you haven't had the tank for that long, I'd be hesitant to get some before doing some research into them first.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have a small garden of alveos. it first started with 1 because my wife saw it at aquatic obsessions. then I liked them more and kept buying whenever I saw them on sale. check my latest video I just posted. lower left hand side of tank

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Have you felt like it’s been relatively easy? To be honest I got them off auction. I didn’t really think I’d end up getting them. Haha I’ve done a lot of research since they’re coming in next Wednesday. So… I guess time will tell? Lol
keep them low on sand. leave them there. if they don't open. don't touch them. they don't like being moved around. my mp40s are above them so no direct flow. sometimes it takes a few days or even a week or 2 before they fully bloom. it's a set it and forget it coral. but they look really nice once fully open. I have about 10 different types.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
No offense, but I've been a 'beginner' for 2 years- can't keep sps or any corals for established tanks alive yet- I keep to the easy ones for now- good luck- hope you don't get disappointed/ frustrated again

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
No offense, but I've been a 'beginner' for 2 years- can't keep sps or any corals for established tanks alive yet- I keep to the easy ones for now- good luck- hope you don't get disappointed/ frustrated again
It took me 5 years to cap simple caps. Patience is the name of the game here.

The Alvepora garden looks nice. I started a small bubble coral group. I have green and pearl; will be adding a pink one.