• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Group Coral Growout

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Anyone want to go in on a frag saw we can share? Just an idea. Im in for putting down some coin for a share saw.

I have heard of others clubs having a "club" saw before. Maybe it's something we can bring up. I've been eyeing one up for a while now.

I have one. It needs a blade. But we can do lps as part of sps order next time. I love scollies. And I think a few of you saw my monster chalice. What we got was 18 pieces of 1 line of 450 types offered. Lol. Just saying. There's always more variety. But its getting the size to fag evenly. If we order a crazy nice orange or blue hammer it may only have 8 heads or if its a wall hammer I hate to cut them. It takes time to do it right. Like with an elegance. Rubber bands and wait 2 weeks before u cut.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Everyone recover and start saving.... NEXT ORDER IN MAY....... I want Blue and Orange Hammers from the MAINLAND (no walls) I agree the next box should be mixed. I think we got way to much SPS to handle this time around (based on people avoiding colonies)...

I have one. It needs a blade. But we can do lps as part of sps order next time. I love scollies. And I think a few of you saw my monster chalice. What we got was 18 pieces of 1 line of 450 types offered. Lol. Just saying. There's always more variety. But its getting the size to fag evenly. If we order a crazy nice orange or blue hammer it may only have 8 heads or if its a wall hammer I hate to cut them. It takes time to do it right. Like with an elegance. Rubber bands and wait 2 weeks before u cut.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This from the man that was avoiding mother colonies!!!!.

Who can fit another order like that in their tanks? I have two of them and there is no way I can fit another haul like the one we just got.

Maybe the next one might be deepwater acros....

Too much SPS??? I have never heard of such a thing

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Lol...it's tough with just a 30g frag tank. I really need to set up a display.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
This from the man that was avoiding mother colonies!!!!.

Who can fit another order like that in their tanks? I have two of them and there is no way I can fit another haul like the one we just got.

Maybe the next one might be deepwater acros....

the reason we all should get bigger tanks!

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
so is this still a type of gow out or just group buy

no grow out, just a group buy.

however, the grow out is still a good idea but will all our frag tanks filled. I'm not sure who will be able to do that now. haha

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
It was a group buy. We got a total of 18 colonies which were fragged into large to mini colony sized pieces. Some were so large that even after splitting them up there was a large colony left. These were distributed throughout the group as to keep a colony incase of any problems.

Too much SPS??? I have never heard of such a thing

My thoughts exactly.

I don't mind adding a chalice or 2 to the next one but as for the rest of the LPS family I got to say I'll pass. Even with the chalices I'm really not to interested in them. I definitely like the idea of the deepwater stuff or even better would be to place a high end order SPS order.

Remember deepwaters rarely come from Australia. Except a few encanatas. But if interested in deepwaters. We can do a balk order from a farm out there I deal with directly. Its also a lot more cost effective. Probably abt half and you get double.

Remember deepwaters rarely come from Australia. Except a few encanatas. But if interested in deepwaters. We can do a balk order from a farm out there I deal with directly. Its also a lot more cost effective. Probably abt half and you get double.

Why did you have to say cost effective