• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

GSP

Is there a way (safe way) to remove GSP from a rock and put it onto another rock? i bought some from a store near me and the rock doesn't fit anywhere in my system... don't wanna damage it but if i could i would put it onto a dif rock or onto the sand bed. Thx

malulu

NJRC Member
i don't know if anyway to remove them, you may need to just break the rock...
let's wait to see if other one can reply with more ideas...
good luck.

They will peel off, but if any speck remains in a crack or crevis, they will come back.

GSP is the devil's marine form :eek:

Lack of light is the only way to kill it IME

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Low magnesium will also hurt it/limit its expansion. Peeling it off and gluing it down is not a problem. Don't coat the whole bottom of the matt with glue, but glue in a few spots won't even be noticable.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyl said:
Low magnesium will also hurt it/limit its expansion. Peeling it off and gluing it down is not a problem. Don't coat the whole bottom of the matt with glue, but glue in a few spots won't even be noticable.

I guess that explains the growth explosion when I raised my magnesium to fend of bryopsis! I guess I'll have to live with one green nuisance or the other. LOL. I have to do something to cut back the amount of gsp in my tank. My GSPs have taken over about half of the tank to the point where they are starting to kill off other corals. That stuff is amazing.

Taz

I have pried off pieces of the mat, might lose one or 2 on the end but that stuff seems to be more of a weed than coral. Just don't make the mistake of letting the pinkish kind into your system unless you truly want it taking over