• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Half Moon Bay

Im currently out in San Carlos right by San Francisco and stopped by Half Moon Bay. Theres tide pools with critters but its a reserve, otherwise id be next day air-ing ;D
Lots of different macro algae,lots of limpets,a few dead urchin shells, lots of hermits and anemones too. Just thought id share.
IMG_6227.jpg

IMG_6233.jpg

see the fish?
IMG_6240.jpg

the nems were everywhere
IMG_6241.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6247.jpg

IMG_6249.jpg

IMG_6250.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6281.jpg

IMG_6283.jpg

IMG_6287.jpg

IMG_6288.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I'm surprised they're from near San Fran. It looks almost tropical with those flowers and blue waters.

hey, you cant be in SF---there's CLEAR SKYS!!!!
looks nice and peaceful--enjoy it while you can
man, all those critters and you cant have any of them.... :mad:

im prob. 25 minutes out from san fran.

i def. know what ya mean about the critters. dont people pay a few bucks per limpet? there were hundreds and thousands of them and hermits.

man--thats gotta play on your mind---all that FREE stuff right at your finger tips.............
and you CAN'T take it to put in your tank :'(

hurtback said:
man--thats gotta play on your mind---all that FREE stuff right at your finger tips.............
and you CAN'T take it to put in your tank :'(

That must be a tease being there and seeing that you pay a ton for it and it is all free there lol

DanJ said:
LOL stick some in your shoes lol and bring me some back

:)

ofcourse i could have snuck something out, esp since i was on the beach with only 2 or 3 people in sight but this defeats the purpose as to why they are protected. besides, i had no where to put it to get it from the beach back to where we were staying ( it was a decent walk through a trail in the woods to this area hence the flowers ) and the waters in this area are alittle cooler then So Cal so it prob. wouldnt have survived long term in my tank anyways. it would be cool to set up a local tank of native species.. even doing a jersey one would be pretty cool.

HAHA ive been to the exact spot you were when I was younger. I lived in benicia, ca not too far from there for the first half of my life.