• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hammer coral staying closed

Hey so I have had a tank cycling for about 2 months with LR and LS. And 3 days ago I got some kind of hammer and zoos. The zoos are thriving and doing very well i placed the hammer coral on sandbed. Then I didn't like it there so I drilled a hole in a high piece of LR and put the frag plug in the whole. Ever since that it's only been like half open.image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
What kind of lighting do you have it under? I would suggest moving it to a low flow and lower light area of the tank for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is in a 5 gal tank ? What type of filtration are you using on it ? How hard is it to keep the parameters consistent in such a small tank? You have a full tank pic?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
+1 on full tank pic. Also how are the other corals doing and any improvement with the hammer?

Everything is doing good now. I will post a FTS when I get home tonight. btw I have a 10 gallon not a 5 gallon. One more thing I have 3 15 gallon HOB filters that fit perfectly on it. And it isn't hard at all to keep parameters consistent. Although last week my heater broke and temp went down to 69 by the time I got home with a new one But everything survived.

How much of a water change do you do weekly? I kinda wanna start a small tank. But keeping the parameters consistent is my concern.

Amazing how you got the rock work to stick to the ceiling:)
Looks like a nice start... Keep up with the good work