• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hanna Magnesium Checker Issue...

radiata

NJRC Member
I don't see where this is mentioned on the site yet, so here's the warning...

I ordered my Hanna Magnesium Checker before they came out. As it turns out there have been issues with this Magnesium Checker. The common complaint has been that the test results are too high. (I have had the same issue.) Hanna now says that a reagent in the test kit degrades much more quickly that anyone there had envisioned.

Hanna will send new improved reagents to users if they sign up on the site and provide serial number and purchase info on their Checker.

Here's Mr. Saltwater on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAsPI-Q7OmE

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I already signed up for the new re agents. still waiting :(

radiata

NJRC Member
I already signed up for the new re agents. still waiting :(

If I get my replacements within the next 30 days, I'll be impressed.

If I get my replacements within the next 60 days, I'll be happy.

If I get my replacements within the next 90+ days, I'll be rather annoyed... Shouldn't we be compensated for their failure to meet our original expectations, at least on a time-based compensation schedule?

Reactions: DEL

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I agree . we should get something in return. just imagine all the reefers who adjusted their mag levels only to find out later it was wrong.

radiata

NJRC Member
WOO HOO!!! I got my replacement magnesium test kit in the mail today! They replaced the whole Checker test kit, not just the reagents.

It came with an apology and a discount on my next order...

All things said, it's nice to see a company standing behind their product.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
WOO HOO!!! I got my replacement magnesium test kit in the mail today! They replaced the whole Checker test kit, not just the reagents.

It came with an apology and a discount on my next order...

All things said, it's nice to see a company standing behind their product.
I'm still waiting for mine.