• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hannah Mag kits being sent

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
finally!! I just got an email that they are sending out a new tester and re agents for all those who registered their testers.

radiata

NJRC Member
I found out about it pretty quickly and posted my request for the new reagents just as quickly. Mr. Saltwater Tank (on SaltwaterAquarium.com) posted his 2nd review of the checker two months ago. Here's the sad news he posted:

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
my kit just arrived today. finally ! looks like I'll be testing the big 5 tonight.

same problem with the aquaforest kit. was playing with mg recently and realized that the kit seems to be testing high. kit is near end of life but a couple months left. can be the same issue with reagent degrading.

What’s the story with buying these new? My lfs has them in stock, box says the reagents expire 8/2024… do the newly manufactured ones have the same problem as the initial run? What do I look for as far as writing on the box? Or do I simply stay away from these… Any advice appreciated.

radiata

NJRC Member
What’s the story with buying these new? My lfs has them in stock, box says the reagents expire 8/2024… do the newly manufactured ones have the same problem as the initial run? What do I look for as far as writing on the box? Or do I simply stay away from these… Any advice appreciated.

The original test kit had two liquid reagents. The replacement kit has one liquid reagent and one powder packet reagent.

Thanks! Pretty sure they are the new ones, but will double check the box. Are the results any better with the new reagent?

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I'm sure they recalled all of thr original kits.