• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Happy and safe 4th!

Crabby

NJRC Member
Happy 4th of July!!!

Hi all, I just wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!
I'm staying home, doing a WC, acclimating a nice yuma, and a nice frag of some zoa's.

I wish you all a cool, and happy 4th!

edit: doing socks now, why not lol

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Chillin here. Did the yardwork today.
Doing a light swap on my 30 with a WC.
Spending some time in the evenings on the deck tackling reading 'The Silmarillion', which I may receive an honorary doctorates for completing.
Going to drink a few high end craft IPAs.
Working on a model I'm painstakingly detailing of an original Star Trek Romulan Bird of Prey.
Cleaning my builder's room/man cave once model painted.
And hoping to get out on the kayak for a few hours if the weather holds, found a crazy river in Sea Girt I'd like to find a launching point to.
So, just chill and relax stuff on this end.
Hope everyone's is as mild.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Yes Happy 4th all. Lazy day for me.
Hit the gym. Had breakfast - duck eggs and bacon. Thx Mark_c.
2 short dog walks and went to the pool.
Now grilling chicken sausage with peppers, onions and potatoes.
Will relax reading TFH and Close to Shore.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Did a WC today, got my crazy glue gel finally and going to scrape the gsp off the Blue ridge and glue then to sheets- still for free, along with a whole bunch of plants if anyone is interested, going to start planting some- I hate having to keep watering them. I got so many pods, Trying to figure out how to harvest to share with everyone

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Did a WC today, got my crazy glue gel finally and going to scrape the gsp off the Blue ridge and glue then to sheets- still for free, along with a whole bunch of plants if anyone is interested, going to start planting some- I hate having to keep watering them. I got so many pods, Trying to figure out how to harvest to share with everyone
If you weren't so far would take the canna lollies to replace wife's hydrangeas. Not sure what's wrong but she tried everything.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Mark - No worries. Anyone want's duck eggs they come free with Dragon Breath, which is also free.
DYI - I'm looking to fill a few blanks in our beds, any chance you have any Gaura? I saw some today and am hooked on grabbing a few.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
If you weren't so far would take the canna lollies to replace wife's hydrangeas. Not sure what's wrong but she tried everything.
Chester is a great town for a day visit- shops, Farms with animals and pick your own, restaurants with open air seating, and of course there's me. I have a nice orange bounce coral I can give you a good deal one- along with all the freebies lol

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Mark - No worries. Anyone want's duck eggs they come free with Dragon Breath, which is also free.
DYI - I'm looking to fill a few blanks in our beds, any chance you have any Gaura? I saw some today and am hooked on grabbing a few.
No Gaura, not a good plant for long time up here, not a very hardy perennial. I treat them like a half hardy/ short lived shrub like Coryopteris

Crabby

NJRC Member
Chillin here. Did the yardwork today.
Doing a light swap on my 30 with a WC.
Spending some time in the evenings on the deck tackling reading 'The Silmarillion', which I may receive an honorary doctorates for completing.
Going to drink a few high end craft IPAs.
Working on a model I'm painstakingly detailing of an original Star Trek Romulan Bird of Prey.
Cleaning my builder's room/man cave once model painted.
And hoping to get out on the kayak for a few hours if the weather holds, found a crazy river in Sea Girt I'd like to find a launching point to.
So, just chill and relax stuff on this end.
Hope everyone's is as mild.
Sounds like you're going to be busy. I'm sure fun filled. Enjoy! :)

Crabby

NJRC Member
Yes Happy 4th all. Lazy day for me.
Hit the gym. Had breakfast - duck eggs and bacon. Thx Mark_c.
2 short dog walks and went to the pool.
Now grilling chicken sausage with peppers, onions and potatoes.
Will relax reading TFH and Close to Shore.
Took me an hour coming from ACC to TR, lol. I gotta take 34 right to 70 more often now.
Hope you enjoyed the chicken and sausage!

Waiting for sheets :) 75 gallon is up and running

Duck eggs? Sounds delicious

Adam L

NJRC Member
Happy 4th! Trying out the “reef diaper” instead of socks. We”ll see. Kinda expensive.https://reefdiaper.com/

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
A cup and floss is easier and cheaper. I picked 3 large bags of floss from Joan Fabrics for $4 each about 2 years ago. One bag is left and other is half full. I swap the floss out twice a week.

Crabby

NJRC Member
Happy 4th! Trying out the “reef diaper” instead of socks. We”ll see. Kinda expensive.https://reefdiaper.com/
Thank you, same to you. I looked into them. Roughly $19.99 for the holder and 10 disposable socks?
Might be worth it during the week or when I'm to busy.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Happy 4th of July to all. Chris, if I didn't think Doug would kill me I would swing by and pick up some more groundcover from you. ;)

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Happy 4th of July to all. Chris, if I didn't think Doug would kill me I would swing by and pick up some more groundcover from you. ;)
Hi Erna, no problem, did you want pachysandra, lily of the valley or myrtle, just so know what to leave down by the street. I started to move some stuff to the yard because it's easier to water. I also have some violets and big leaf wild aster that I just dug up