• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Harry, the Hairy Hitch Snail

anyone have an i.d. for Harry?
he only seems to come out at night and appears to be an algae eater. he's about the size of a large nassarius.
hhs1.jpg

hhs2.jpg

just one. btw- those tree-like structures on it's back are fleshy. when you touch them, it feels it and retracts.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's cool looking. Sorry. No ID. Where do you think it came from?

could have been anywhere. i don't think it was from my original rock however. maybe from a tank breakdown i purchased recently. it could also have hitched on a piece of coral. ???

i have looked on all the sites i normally find this stuff on and cant find this guy.. however, i dont see a shell and have seen alot of nudis that resemble this guy

you guys are right. under further scrutiny (seeing it from the other side) it is a cowrie. it came out of spankey's tank. he had a few of them, and now i have a few of them. the "hairs" only come out at night.