• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Has anyone ordered from http://www.aquacon.com

I ordered like 300 bucks worth of coral on sunday and haven 't heard from them since. it charged my card for it, but i never got a tracking email or phone call. All my attempts to call them at their phone number nobody picks up and when it goes to voice mail it says mailbox full (a very bad sign if a business has a full mailbox). I also emailed them three times and they haven't responded. Is it a real place, or is it some guy selling stuff out of two tanks in his basement? i notified paypal and disputed to purchase..

to be honest this is my first time using paypal, all i did was click on dispute item and i guess they are going to contact me maybe? i heard paypal is very good with customers thats why i tried it. Hopefully i made the right move..

Its a real place, call over to aquacon and let them know. I placed one order with them when i was in high school and it didnt turn out good. Its 10 years later and there still in business. HOW you ask? i dont know.

I was going to order from them a couple of years ago when I was looking for a turnicate, I did a little research and found a bunch of bad experiences from people on RC so I never ordered from them. I think it was RichT that said "look at the name I wouldn't chance it". I guess he was right "Aqua Con" ::)

I would also call your CC co. I've been hearing a lot of people lately aren't getting money back cause sellers are taking the funds out and paypal can't recover the money.

ReeferNets said:
Its a real place, call over to aquacon and let them know. I placed one order with them when i was in high school and it didnt turn out good. Its 10 years later and there still in business. HOW you ask? i dont know.

i can't , i call the number and nobody picks up the phone..

In this case i would wait till tommorow call again and if you dont recieve a call back, I would contact local authorities in your town or the town where he is located and file a police report. Just as a precaution.

I'm a police officer. And because it's a civil matter there is nothing I can do. If anyone used paypal before will they credit my card back? Since I used paypal does that guy have my credit card info? Or is my info safe. I used paypal because I thought it would be safer

Is it still civil if someone accepts your money under false pretense?

I thought you could file a report just to document attempted fraud.

ReeferNets said:
Is it still civil if someone accepts your money under false pretense?

I thought you could file a report just to document attempted fraud.

I could document the incident, but it would only be fraud if the guy never gets back to me, or if he says he sent the items when he didn't ..at this point i can't get in contact with him at all. I called pay pal and the lady was really nice, she upgraded my complaint and told me the guy has 10 days to contact them, if he doesn't they re going to just credit my credit card for me. Thank god i used pay pal and not my credit card or this guy would have had all my information..

Try and post here before you use the obscure vendors.

I know alot of online vendors that are reallly nice and have great live stock.

AQUA CON is not a sponsor anywhwere, Hmm i wonder why

I am also a retired P.O. I would contact the local police and ask them to pay him a friendly visit out of courtesy to you . Most times it will work .
I had a company try to rip my father in law off for some merchandise he sent them . Local sheriff was more than happy to pay him a visit,explained how the situation could easily be resolved and all was well in a day . Sheriff actually said "the nerve of someone in my jurisdiction trying to rip someone off,let alone another police officer ". He took it as a personal insult . Its worth a phone call .

jtravapd said:
I'm a police officer. And because it's a civil matter there is nothing I can do. If anyone used paypal before will they credit my card back? Since I used paypal does that guy have my credit card info? Or is my info safe. I used paypal because I thought it would be safer

go into your paypal account and double check how you performed the transaction.

Did you send the money "instantly" from your bank account? If not then you used your credit card. You should call the credit card company used as a precaution (for all we know your corals get delivered) and have them mark the amount as "dispute".

qwik said:
I am also a retired P.O. I would contact the local police and ask them to pay him a friendly visit out of courtesy to you . Most times it will work .
I had a company try to rip my father in law off for some merchandise he sent them . Local sheriff was more than happy to pay him a visit,explained how the situation could easily be resolved and all was well in a day . Sheriff actually said "the nerve of someone in my jurisdiction trying to rip someone off,let alone another police officer ". He took it as a personal insult . Its worth a phone call .
[/quote

i might just do that..i wanna see what happens with this. I would atleast like an email or something saying he sent the items..right now i can't get anything. I dont know if they are on vacation for a week, or anything. As soon as i called and the message said voice mailbox full, I knew immediately the place was a dump..lol..

Hawkeye said:
jtravapd said:

go into your paypal account and double check how you performed the transaction.

Did you send the money "instantly" from your bank account? If not then you used your credit card. You should call the credit card company used as a precaution (for all we know your corals get delivered) and have them mark the amount as "dispute".

no, i used my credit card, not bank account.. I spoke with paypal and the lady sped up the process and made it disputed immediately instead of having to wait for the guy to email me back. She said he has ten days to reply if not paypal will credit me in full. I gotta say Paypal was very friendly and helpful on the phone. I definately will be using them more in the future.