• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Have you seen this tank? its amazing..

did ya happen to notice that yellow tang with the black patches on it, now thats a cool fish! is that common or perhaps a genetic mis-fire?

Saxby's insane too. I saw a presentation from him at Macna a couple years ago. He sets up big tanks for a living, often builds them in place.
One thing I remember is he showed you how you could rescue expensive glued PVC parts ($100+ valves etc) by melting out the old pipe with a torch.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
And I've used that (heat gun) to salvage old parts! I saw that presentation too. In DC.

there is a tool called a ram bit that removes the glued in piece of pipe from a fitting, the bit goes in a drill and kinda just reams the plastic out... less risky

and according to the 231 cubic inches per gallon rule, that tank is roughly 1458 gallons, that's almost 2 full buckets of salt for a 20% water change..... wow

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, that guy really know his stuff. For those who don't know, David Saxby is one of the "D's" in D-D Deltec.

I'd love to know where he found some of those fish in that video. He's got some really cool animials in there.

REEFLECTIONS said:
and according to the 231 cubic inches per gallon rule, that tank is roughly 1458 gallons, that's almost 2 full buckets of salt for a 20% water change..... wow

i think i read in there somewhere that they do 600 gallon water changes every month..lol...insane....

it is incredible. the tank is insane 400 fish 3700 gallons and 700 gallon water change a month :eek: I wonder what else he does besides take care of the tank lol

Jabis96 said:
it is incredible. the tank is insane 400 fish 3700 gallons and 700 gallon water change a month :eek: I wonder what else he does besides take care of the tank lol

I was woundering if anyone else read the entire artical, but you forgot the almost 5000W of light

Im worried about using too much juice on my 46 gallon . Looks like this guy has to use a generator to power his system . Looks incredible.