• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Heater Controller.

So I’m looking into controllers for my heaters. I’m running 2 half sized heaters and all the controllers I’m finding with dual outlets have 2 stages 1 heat 1 cooling. If I plug a splitter in the heating stage and the wattage rating is higher than both my heaters I should be ok right?

Busy times for HVAC! My main system is down right now. Air handler was made in 1983, so it doesn't owe me much. Quoted $6500 to replace system. 3-ton. Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

radiata

NJRC Member
You might be better off getting a single stage Ranco controller. Not sure what you're looking at, but if it isn't a Ranco, it isn't as bulletproof. (Note that some controllers on the market are just re-packaged Rancos.) Check eBay for them, but note that some new models require you to wire the unit with the plug for your wall outlet.