• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hello from GA

Hello from the state of Georgia. I am originally from Deptford Twp. in South Jersey. I have had a SW tank for about a year and a half now however the first 6 months were all about making mistakes. LOL My tank is a 30 gallon reef tank with about 50 to 60 lbs of LR, mostly softies with a few LPS's. I have 4 fish: Blue Devil Damsel, Yellow Watchman Goby, Royal Gramma and False Percula clown fish. As far a inverts I have your typical cleanup crew with snails, hermits. In addition I have a red brittle star and cleaner shrimp. My lighting is 110w of PC lights (50/50). I run a HOB fuge and a Seaclone Protine skimmer. I built my own stand. I am currently planning on setting up a 56 gallon tank that will have 500w of MH lights and the 110 PC. It will have a sump/fuge under the tank(I had the tank drilled).

DSC04386.jpg

Tank

DSC03042.jpg

Stand

Mike,

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks great, Mike! Thanks for checking in. Do you ever get up to this area anymore?

Thanks. I don't get up as often as I should. All my family still lives in South Jersey. I will try to make it to a meeting the next time I make it up there.

Mike

JohnS_323 said:
Looks great, Mike! Thanks for checking in. Do you ever get up to this area anymore?

Ah! My old stomping ground! I moved back last year after a four year stint living in Dunwoody area (right where 285 and 400 meet up in Atlanta) and running around Roswell area and pretty much all over above Atlant. North GA's a nice area, especially since you still have green trees for leaf changing in the fall, as opposed to nothing but pine trees.