• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hello NJRC!!From Dan

Hello all,

Wow awsome the site is all sorts of nice now. I had started up with you guys shortly before the first web site attempt. Then it wouldnt work for a while, so I never tried it for a loong time and havent really been on the comp as of late but have been really into my tank still!!LOL I have still kept in contact with the members I have been fortunate enough to meet and hope to meet some more people whom share this great hobby. Oh and my name is Dan, and welmet.
I run a Nanotank. Its the fourth nanotank I have ran.
The system is a 38gallon AGA. With an Emporer 280 w/ biowheel for amonia control(replaces entire wetdry system) w no filter media except a thin peice of porus nylon to let a massive colony of copepods and amphripods breed and cascade into the water column,providing fresh rotifers for the WC coincidentaly my RBTA parked under the waterfall for the last 6 months and is about 8" fully expanded now!! I use a counter current woodstone MTC HOB skimmer with a luft 7psi pump adjustable. And 3 powerheads a 420 a mini jet on the skimmer and a powersweep ( that still works after 1 year !!!!) but there is a trick to the powersweep thing. And 1 big 400 Watt Radium 20k bulb, shedding some light on the situation mounted 10" from the water. Water temp maintains 79F calc 440 ph 8.3 I control stromium, iodate, and all traces with sea chem addiatives as per the GARF system. And have matured my tank and LR over 1 yr with 4 phases of light graduating to the current lamp. I have no bad algea except the ones I purposly grow Gracilara (red) and Cactus Caulerpa. I keep all SPS and LPS with exception of exotic zoo's and the deep water Purple/Green bullseye Yuma Ricordia. and have isolated islands of pompom, GSP, and encrusting gorgonian. I will be posting some pics soon and frags are always available from this tank as this tank has exclusivly been grown out from frags obtained through the hobby and cared for by myself, most of them started as dime sized pieces, so I in turn plan on fraging from this tank for some time. Looking foward to meeting and talking with you all.

Dan