• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help, maybe? Disease/Fungus?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I noticed some lesions on tang, 2 on port side, 1 on starboard.
The best description I can give is they look like peeled sunburn, when you have that little bit of dead skin around the area that peeled off.
They're all in circular form.

Added 10 days ago. Extreme harassment from clown, thought I was going to have to pull the tang out.
In pic you can see remaining dorsal fin damage and the loss of the top of the tailfin.
Everyone OK now and the tang is out and about, which is why I noticed lesions.

Fish is no longer stressed, isn't acting odd, not rubbing rocks, breathing OK as far as I can tell, eating like a tang.
Any thoughts? Doesn't seem to fit ick or velvet, and it's isolated to a few larger lesions, no dots or fuzz. Fluke?

IMG_CDD4A1D7DD7D-1.jpeg

I did take the fish on a trip to an Umbrella Corporation meet and greet earlier in the week.

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
To me seems bruised from being bullied. My sailfin had similar from my YT beating crap out of it. I would shot Humblefish a message. If you need any meds I have some just LMK.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Yeah, keep an eye on it. If he was being bullied he may have gotten marked up.

EZreefin

NJRC Member
I believe it is caused by a virus. Let me know if it looks like some of these pics found in this link here.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
EZ, sorry, just saw this. Doesn't really look similar. The lesions seem to be reducing a bit this week. Wondering if it was just injuries from being bullied at this point.