• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help me fill a nano

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
IM 10g, upgraded pump, Skkye light, aqua gadget stream, protein skimmer, live rock, etc.
Planned on selling this for $100, no takers, and refuse to let it go for less (though its stil available until I fill it).

SO! If I don't sell it and fill it...

Drop me your thoughts please. Any suggestions appreciated.

Fish will be a single Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse, eventually. Skeleton crew CUC.

I was thinking:

1) Mushroom only (and these will be the low end bouncers).

2) Mushroom mixed with GSP, with GSP covering all non-rock surfaces.

3) Mushrooms mixed with pulsing Xenia, with Xenia covering all non-rock surfaces.

4) Full pulsing Xenia covering all surfaces.

5) A true random tank where I ask retailers for their low end floating frags and just dump them in to adhere to whichever surface they will.

Creative suggestions and experienced opinions welcome. This is an experimental tank. Would like to see what unconventional things may be done in a small space WITHOUT risking harm to the inhabitants.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Agreed, zoas would be cool.
Was tinkering with GSP on floor, pulsing xenia on back, mushrooms on center column, a few small zoa colonies placed on individual rocks.
Now the option of freshwater has come into play.
Researching dwarf puffers.
Anyone have any experience.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Not a dwarf but I've kept a figure 8 puffer in the past. had em in a 30 gal tank with mollies, guppies and platy's with no issue. The tank was planted so he kept the snails away. never had an issue with aggression as the mollies kept em in check.

He only ate bloodworms though but so did the other fish so it worked out

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I just traded out a large rock covered with GSP.
Now, as always in life, something I gave away recently is needed.

I'm going to hold onto this life jacket, spare tire, fire extinguisher, and parachute.