• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help Me Please!

My water parameters are as following 1.26 on the salt 0 ppm amonia ph is 8.2, nitrites are at 0 and nitrates are 40 ppm, temp is 80 -81 deg,

I pulled all the fish and quarantined them for 2 days using quick cure,
I treated the tank with ich attack I have lost my mandarin, my hippo, coral beauty, 1 chromis!

Now my two damsels have ich and one of two clowns.When I put them back in after quarantine they looked fine for a few days .I treated the tank for 4 days. now and did a 10% water change. I pulled my carbon again and started treating the tank with ich attack again. And The dominoe Damsels Tail is partially gone.
I am also treating food with Kent Zoe.

Help my stupidity please!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Unfortunately there isn't a "quick cure" that's actually going to help. If you are able to put them back into QT do a hyposalinity treatment on them.

http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/hyposalinity.html

IMO, one or two spots you might be able to rid with garlic, but if your fish have it bad you really need to treat them. It will come and go over the course of days. That's the stage during which they're doubling. Your main needs to be fallow for 6-8 weeks for the treatment to be successful. During that time you should be treating your fish via hypo. That process will take 6-8 weeks. Also keep feeding with garlic during the process. You're going to need to change water on the QT like a mad man. I used fresh base rock for my QT to help establish a bio filter. I successfully treated my purple tang that way and he hasn't seen ich in over a year.

do I keep treating the main tank with ich attack or just let it run. and do I Have toworry about the corals and inverts in the main?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
daveshenko said:
do I keep treating the main tank with ich attack or just let it run. and do I Have toworry about the corals and inverts in the main?

Just let it run. Fallow is fishless. Inverts & Corals are fine.