• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

help moving tank on Friday

Hey everyone,

the new house is coming along, hopefully everything will be done by next week. In the meantime I need to move my tank from a LFS to my house here in Neptune. It's a 90 gal. with about 160lbs of L/R and corals. Thre sand is about 2 inches also, but I want to leave it in the tank. I can move anytime after 11, that's usually when the store open. And I only need about 3 people, so who's available, I really could use some help.

edwin

Hey everyone,

the new house is coming along, hopefully everything will be done by next week. In the meantime I need to move my tank from a LFS in Howell to my house here in Neptune. It's a 90 gal. with about 160lbs of L/R and corals. Thre sand is about 2 inches also, but I want to leave it in the tank. I can move anytime after 11, that's usually when the store open. And I only need about 3 people, so who's available, I really could use some help.

edwin

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Re: tank move

What day are you planning on moving it, Rev? John and I were just thinking about you yesterday, talking about how we hadn't seen you since you bought the house! Hope everything is going well for you. I bet you're looking forward to having the tank back, huh?

Hey Phyl

I want to move it on Friday. And the houdse is wearing me out. It's been non stop fix this Honey, and can you fix that too. I had to send my wife out of town to get a break, lol. But everything is coming along ok.

As for missing my tank, please, I can't tell you how much I miss it and can't wait to have it running in the new house. Plus, I can't get to the lfs everyday to monitor or work on it and it's been neglected a little to much for me, so I have to get it, SOOON!
like yesterday. So any help would greatly be appreciated.

Also, does the club you have any left over inverts? A lot of mines are dead or barely holding on.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

No, we didn't pick up any extras in the group buy, sorry. Reeftopia has a pretty good deal if you order over 125 they pick up the shipping.

no problem

I'll replace everything in time. Plus with all the great friends I have in this club, I'll get some here and there. I had a nice copepod colony before I took it down, I don't or didn't see any last time I check on the tank. Going to have to rebuild them too. It will all come in time.

edwin

I am normally all over tank moves but I will probabl be up way north NJ on Friday. let me know if the date changes to the weekend!

I guess my last reply to this did not go through so here it is:

I am normally all over tank moves but on Friday I should be way up north in NJ. If you can do it on the weekend I would be able to help out. Let me know.

Hey Edwin

I'm hopefully starting a new job, either sometime this week or next week the latest. i should know come Wednesday if I'll be free or not and let u know.

Ed

Thanks Jazzsam and JerseyDiablo

I'll let you know if the day changes, but most likely it won't change. I need to get it back to take better care of it, and like most of us, I miss not having it around to mess with, lol. So, I got to get it back. I haven't even figured out where it's going in the house yet, but I can move it later I guess.

Anyway, thank you both,

edwin

Cool Jersey

Thinking I'll start a new sand bed, plenum. I like it the old skool way, just works for me. Got to find some crushed coral or dolemite. Do you still have the sand in one heap?

Also, good luck on the new job, really hope it works out for you, and you have great success at it.

rev

Thanks Mikem and Grgdnh,

I'll let you know when and what time ok. It won't take long once I get the rock out of it. Going to keep as much water from the tank, so that will probably be just as heavy as the tank if not more.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT BACK, YIP PEE!

Rev