• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help please with a tank move...

Mods, Please move if this isn't in the right place or isn't allowed.

I am sort of in a jam & I'm looking for a few strong volunteers.

The house we have been renting for the past few years has been foreclosed on by my landlord & I am in need of some help to get my tank moved. My partner has recently had a couple of abdominal surgeries & she can't lift heavy things just yet. It's a standard 75 gallon tank (running with livestock), stand, canopy, 40 breeder sump. I plan to move it on the 16th of July if possible. I'm probably taking the day off from work, so morning or afternoon works fine for me. I'm moving from Medford, NJ about 12-14 miles to Winslow Township. No stairs. Just a few porch steps. I have an SUV, but no truck unfortunately.

Also if anyone has spare buckets, rubbermaid tubs, etc, I'd love to borrow them for the move.

I can buy lunch, or breakfast, or beer. Thanks. Hope a few of you may be free & willing to give me a hand on the 16th.

Jami

I would differently help but I'm a Monday through Friday guy if it was a Saturday the weekend before or after the 16th I would be your guy
Let me know if things change Jami

Thanks Dan! We close on our house on the 15th & have to be out of the rental on the 20th, so I couldn't move it over a weekend. I would have rather done that myself, but it doesn't look like that's an option this time around. Thanks for the offer though! Much appreciated.

Wait a sec, you're the tenants, and the landlord was foreclosed on? SO in essence you were paying the rent, but the landlord wasn't paying the mortgage?

or was the house in foreclosure and the landlord didn't tell you when you started renting?

16th is a tuesday...hmmm...medford...we had a member there a while back. He hasn't been on for a while though.

Wait a sec, you're the tenants, and the landlord was foreclosed on? SO in essence you were paying the rent, but the landlord wasn't paying the mortgage?

or was the house in foreclosure and the landlord didn't tell you when you started renting?

16th is a tuesday...hmmm...medford...we had a member there a while back. He hasn't been on for a while though.

We have been paying rent & the landlord had not been paying the mortgage. I assume she was just making her car payment, shopping, or vacationing with our rent money. I found out the house had been in foreclosure for at least two years, without me knowing.

http://realestate.msn.com/if-your-landlord-is-facing-foreclosure-stay-put

i'm not a lawyer - but if you want to fight this you shoudl get one.

I did quite a bit of reading on our situation. It's not worth fighting many one over. I was already in the process of buying a house, this is just not going to leave us as much time to move. We had planned on staying in the rental another month or two while we did some work at the new place. Plans change I guess.

Everything should work out fine except moving my tank in a tight time frame.

I could help move the tank in the morning/afternoon on the 16th I have about 4-5 5gallon buckets I could bring along

That would be great. I may have a plan worked out to move the livestock & a guy from work may be able to give me a hand with the heavy lifting.

Are you local? I'd hate for someone to make a special trip...