• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help with Clam

calaxa said:
Hirobo,

Have you deduced what went wrong with the clam? Do you think you hurt him when you moved it or something else? Clams usually don't spontaneously die so was he withering away slowly from pests, etc?

no i dont know what happened. i really dont think i hurt him. he was doing good until i moved him closer to the lights. im sure it's the fact that my bulbs are so old

Old bulbs shouldn't be the cause. I'm curious why you would say that but more curious how your clam died. Sorry for the loss. I would investigate the cause before going for another though in case there are some pests that were attacking it.

before he was an empty shell, i looked him over and did not see anything on him. it's just weird that when i moved him up this is what happend.

hey mike dan here did u take the clam out of the water at all? that could do it, but moveing him up to the light would do it also clames like to dig there foot into the sand to hold them in place so the current dont move them if he was ok befor u moved it i would say it was the big move i know this was an old post just putting my 2 worthless cents in