• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

help with my ro unit

hey guys, i recently upgraded my Ro from a coralife pure flo 2 3 stage 24gpd to a 4-stage RO/DI 50 gpd unit...the new unit has a deinozation which my first one didn't have. it also is a 50gpd instead of 24gpd. here is my problem, it takes literally like 5 hours to fill up a 5 gallon water jug!!!...this can't be right..i have checked all the connections and its hooked up right. i dont know what to do. shouldn't it be going faster then the 3 stage unit i had? this one is supposed to do 50gpd which is an upgrade over the 24 right? would i benefit from getting a inline pump? my water pressure is fine, but maybe because its a 4 stage filter it needs a pump? i looked online and they want like 250 bucks for the freaking pump!!!..and i dont even know if that will help.. Can someone help me, cause my water bill was 450 bucks last quarter...so i can't keep wasting water..i would get the inline pump if i knew it would help speed things up..i hope someone here can help..

It's been my experience with my RO/DI unit that durring the winter months, the amount of water produced is far less than it is in summer. It seems that the very cold water being used is the cause. You could try using hot water, but it's more expensive since you need to heat it, and hot water seems to have more unwanted stuff in it.

An inline pump will help, but again you need to get the pump and it's got to run while your making water.

Perhaps the least expensive solution would be to add a second RO filter in parallel with the existing one. You just need the RO section, not the prefilters. Then use T fittings to connect it in.

Water temperature is a huge factor. The colder the water the longer to process. I have the same problem. I wouldn't recommend using hot water though, your tds reading will go up thus defeating the purpose of filtering your water. I never heard of the in line pump, but at the price i will not be doing that.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Every one I ever bought had the same problem for the first few weeks. After that they worked right. You can also upgrade the restricter to a 100 gallon one and that will upgrade your unit.

well, you guys are right i just notice the water was freezing...like cold where i couldnt even keep my hand under it. I did order the inline pump to help bring the psi up. i found it for like 70bucks..im hoping it helps alittle bit. hopefully the jersey will start to warm , another reason i want spring to get here already..lol..