• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help with wall hammer!!

Hi guys, my wall hammer started showing signs of brown jelly disease. I don't want it to spread further. It started happening a couple of days ago. The most recent changes i did was a switch from Reef Crystals to ESV. I did a 15 gal water change 2 weeks ago on my 120 gal tank. I also changed the first filter and the resin on my RODI. TDS after the change was 0.01.

I've lowered the flow on its area. And i'm thinking i have to cut off one of the diseased "wall" so it won't spread anymore. If i have to do this, does anyone know which store can let me borrow their bandsaw? Or at least i'd have to bring it to the store itself so they can cut it. Any other ideas you can suggest? I can post pics later and give you my water params.

Thanks!!

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Get a plastic container that has been used for your tank and place the coral inside the container while still in the tank, with all flow is off in the tank. You want to minimize the spread of the jelly within the tank and water column.

It should be cut an 1" ahead of the infected area. As for what store to go to, i would just go to a store that you have supported in the past and have a relationship with. Good luck.

Thanks Darren! I will try that. I called AO but their band saw is broken. I called Feng but he only has a dremel. That should work, right? As long as the cut is straight?

This what it looks like now. I will do a full water test tonight.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423093771365.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423093771365.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 60
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423093787924.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423093787924.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 56
Unfortunately the hammer died. I went to Feng and he cut 2 pieces of the affected parts. I dipped the remaining pieces in iodine. Couple of days later they too showed signs of brown jelly disease. I wasn't able to save them anymore.

Unfortunately the hammer died. I went to Feng and he cut 2 pieces of the affected parts. I dipped the remaining pieces in iodine. Couple of days later they too showed signs of brown jelly disease. I wasn't able to save them anymore.
Sorry to see this Jun, that was a beautiful hammers,......I have bi-color and purple hammer for you in case you want them.

Thanks for the offer Juan. I have several branching hammers and a frogspawn frag to take its place. I'm just disappointed that i didn't get to save it.