• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Here I go again..( aka bigger tank)

Well , I just bought a used 265 gallon tank yesterday. I am going to try and have it up and running by Nov. meeting here.

Does anyone have any dry base rock they are looking to unload?

Andy

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congradulations Andy, good luck! Did you get it down the basement OK or do you need some help?

It is in the garage for now until I build the stand and move some stuff around.

But I will need help and will let you know how progress is going.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congrats o the upgrade, Andy. Let me know when you're ready for the big move and I'll give you a hand.

I don't have any dry rock but you may want to check out Marco Rocks, he's a club sponsor and has great rock.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congrats on the upgrade Andy! Looking forward to the tank build thread! Marco does have great rock. We pulled all the rock out of our 180 and replaced it with Marco. I think we still have a handful of rock from the last set we used, but nothing really striking!

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJReefGeek said:
But I will need help and will let you know how progress is going.

If you decide to move it during the week in the evening LMK. I can spin up after work and give you a hand.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congrats, Andy! Didn't you have a hard time getting your current tank down in your basement? If I remember correctly, getting down there is a bit of a challenge!

Yes getting that thing down into the basement is going to pose a bit of a challenge. It will need to get slid down the steps and then stood up on end to get thru the doorway.

The real challenge will be getting into position with the existing tank still in place.

Brian said:
Congrats, Andy! Didn't you have a hard time getting your current tank down in your basement? If I remember correctly, getting down there is a bit of a challenge!

It was easy for me, Matt did all the hard work. ;)

Congrats Andy! I was so wrapped up in getting my 180 I missed your good news. I'll be happy to help out with the move.

You keeping the old one too?

I am not keeping the 150. it is too scratched up for me. It is not the worst but has a few good spots that are scratched.

Andy