• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Here we go again 175g metals collection Bow.

I went over to the tank do a WC yesterday and got wet feet... The 150g was leaking from where the front glass meets the bottom glass. We just moved this set up to the new house 2 weeks ago. Thats a story in itself. I guess we must have twisted the tank or something in route to or from the truck :'( I was a mess yesterday morning but thanks to Dan, Andy and Dave, I didnt jump off a bridge. They were at my house in no time at all to spend the day helping out a friend. Big cheek kisses to all of ya! Dan had a 175g bow for sale that he tried to talk me into buying a ahile ago but I never really saw it in person, so needless to say he still had it for sale and after going and loading it on the trailor, It's now going to be the home for my reef. I wanna say thank you to the guys again and Thank you Dan! Where would we all be without friends???? Thanks

0913091521.jpg

0913092243.jpg

0913092326a.jpg

what were the dimensions of that 150? You can probably Reseal it and set it up in your basement as a FOWLR Agressive tank. I was thinking of doing that with another tank. I want some violent fish that eat other fish. And maybe like a eel or something like that. Most of the time resealing a pane is not too hard. Just slip a nice long razor blade into the seam and draw it straight up and cut away the front. clean off the glass real good with some acetone i think and get some more silicon in the seam use your finger to make a nice silicone line and let it cure for a bit. Fill the sucker up and bobs ur uncle you have a workin tank again.

asonitez: lol,,the tank is yours if you want it.. 48 x 24 x 30 ;D

Hirobo: Thanks for the offer mikey!!!

Baxreefs: I hate to HAVE it happen. Its not the first one either. In my old house, I had a 155 flat back hex that the bottom blew out of :mad: The new tank does have potential but being laid off.... My wallet has NO potential left in it!

justchad said:
Baxreefs: I hate to HAVE it happen. Its not the first one either. In my old house, I had a 155 flat back hex that the bottom blew out of :mad: The new tank does have potential but being laid off.... My wallet has NO potential left in it!

I feel you pain brother! I may not be laid off but wish I could be. Owning your own small business in this economy means spending more than you are taking in until it turns around. Not sure how much longer that arrangement can go on! :p

Can't believe you have two tanks fail!!! I had a 55g Piranha tank crack on me back in college. I lost three 10+ " Red Bellies I raised form nickle size that were awesome! The loss sent me out of the hobby for years! You could say I am back with a vengeance! ;D

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear this Chad. If theres anything you need, give me a shout.

mikem said:
Sorry to hear this Chad. If theres anything you need, give me a shout.

Thanks so much Mike! Your always ready and willing to lend a hand and I appreciate that so much. Once again...Thanks

Lol I wish I had the space but thanks for the offer. My fiance reads the boards sometimes and she read I was thinking of a FOWLR agressive and she said NO WAY Buster. At least not one that big. I might have to compromise and get maybe a nice little 55 hehe. But alas I need to find sand now. 125lbs of it to be exact. But hey! you just joined my club 2 Tanks bust! :) - You get over it though. You will be fine and this new tank will be better than ever

Well I just realized why you hadn't picked up the cap duh ::) I amaze myself sometimes.
I will hang onto it for you maybe actually put it on a plug.
Let me know when you get a handle on things.

JRWOHLER said:
Well I just realized why you hadn't picked up the cap duh ::) I amaze myself sometimes.
I will hang onto it for you maybe actually put it on a plug.
Let me know when you get a handle on things.

Thanks James, sorry :-[

No worries I am pretty sure you didn't break your tank on purpose...though that is a thought for upgrading. Just let me know.
James

Thanks so much! The new tank is up and running but between both the move and the tank breaking in about a month, I lost some coral. :'(

I really dont like the aquascape now but I had to get the animals back in the tank!