• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hermit Crab attacking BTA... Possible?

Hey guys.. I have two nice size hermits hanging out in my BTA. They seem a little too close for comfort and they keep getting stuck and rubbing their large shell in the tentacles. I've noticed that the BTA has been getting brown lately and I'm wondering if that might be related? The "brown" that it's getting on it's tentacles is the same brown that I'm getting on my rocks, but it's too hard to scrape or scrub off so I threw it off as Coraline.

These two phenomena s may be unrelated, but I was curious if anyone has reported hermits snacking on BTA's? I feed the tank very very minimally to decrease import to maximize export. To put it into perspective, I fed my fish flakes tonight and the serpent star flew to the top of the tank and ran he's/her tentacles across the top of the water in search of the flakes.. quite humorous actually...