• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hesitant to buy online

Hello all,
With everything that’s going on, I’m stuck at home and have been spending a lot of time fiddling with my tank. I want to pick up a few small fish. A Diamond Goby and a Midas Blenny. I am always hesitant to buy fish or corals sight unseen, but am going to bite the bullet, since these two are pretty resilient generally healthy fish. Does anyone have experience with Blue Zoo Aquatics? They have everything I’m looking for in stock but reviews I’ve found are all a few years old and very mixed. I’d like to place an order today, so any info on them would be greatly appreciated.

I always had great luck with ny aquatic
I looked at them. But unfortunately they don’t have everything I’m looking for in stock. Blue zoo does, that’s why I settled on them. I’ve seen good things about them, but everything I find is old and was hoping to hear from someone that has recent experience with them.

No experience with blue zoo, but for corals online and a vendor that is close is Pieces of the ocean , They do auctions once a week with some really cool frags and everything I've gotten from them has been super healthy

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I remember Blue Zoo having problems years ago. Don't know now.

Did you try calling some of our sponsors? NJ shipping can't be that much within the state.

Reefco Aquarium Service, LLC.
319-323 US-22, Green Brook Township, NJ 08812

(908) 642-1966

Feny's
702 Bound Brook Rd
Dunellen, NJ 08812
(917) 502-9649

Aquarium care center in Ocean NJ

Home | SALGADO AQUATICS is having a massive sale but they are no longer shipping... only pickup

good luck!

Thanks for the help.
@diana a, I’ll give a few of the ones you mentioned a call, see what they have in. Especially ACC, I love that place.
I’ve always been hesitant to buy fish online since I haven’t seen and selected them myself.

radiata

NJRC Member
CAVEAT The VIRUS is having a very negative effect on our hobby --- there has been a great cutback of international airline flights, and as a result there is a great drop in the number of shipments of marine specimens coming into the country. So, if you see something available that you really, really, really want, consider buying it now as it may be quite a while before you see it offered again.