• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hidden Reef in PA

I was wondering if anyone has been here? Was thinking about taking a drive up on Thursday but not sure if it is worth the drive

I was just there a few days ago. It all depends on what you are looking for. Tons of supplies, salt, lights, equipment, etc. Nice selection of fish and decent prices on them. Coral is junk IMO.

I was just there a few days ago. It all depends on what you are looking for. Tons of supplies, salt, lights, equipment, etc. Nice selection of fish and decent prices on them. Coral is junk IMO.

That about sums it up. IMO there is no better place for dry goods and no cheaper place for salt. For salt their regular prices were better or the same as our group but prices. Fish is good if you get there on the right day. But scarce otherwise. If your looking for coral look somewhere else. Fish factory is right up the road. Better coral selection but a bit more expensive overall. And much smaller by far.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you go to Hidden Reef, you’ve got to drive around the corner (a couple miles) to The Fish Factory (3021 New Rodgers Road, Bristol, PA…Rodgers Road is also known as Veterans Hwy). Sort of a dumpy place, but better coral selection than Hidder Reef.

As far as Hidden Reef, you can’t beat them on their salt prices. I’ve got to believe they are at cost. Good fish selection as well at reasonable cost. Very large store….they have everything. Definitely worth the trip….I go maybe two times a year, and they are maybe an hour and 15 away from me.

I stopped in there a few months ago on my way back from Phili. Great supplies (as everyone said) but the livestock didn't seem that special. Not worth the drive from my location.

Meg, for what it's worth, I live about 15 mins away from both hidden reef and fish factory, and allquatics is only up the street. I usually drive an hour+ to go to AO or OG2 if I'm looking for livestock. Or stop by NJ Reef Farm also 5 min away. Good luck.