• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

High aluminum?

I did my first ICP test and it came back with high aluminum at 216 µg/l. Every other parameter is perfect.

My only guess is it’s from the two marine pure blocks and balls I have. I’ll double check for any rusting parts when I get home, but it’s very unlikely as all the equipment is only 7 months old. I’ve read so many mixed reviews about the marine pure media, but I thought it would be fine. So for peace of mind, I’m going to take all the marine pure media out.

Does anybody recommend any other bio media? I’ve been reading really good things about pond matrix. Any recommendations/insights are much appreciated!
E7C636E5-774E-4C86-A731-4BEC0D8DE1BD.jpeg

eholceker

NJRC Member
I did my first ICP test and it came back with high aluminum at 216 µg/l. Every other parameter is perfect.

My only guess is it’s from the two marine pure blocks and balls I have. I’ll double check for any rusting parts when I get home, but it’s very unlikely as all the equipment is only 7 months old. I’ve read so many mixed reviews about the marine pure media, but I thought it would be fine. So for peace of mind, I’m going to take all the marine pure media out.

Does anybody recommend any other bio media? I’ve been reading really good things about pond matrix. Any recommendations/insights are much appreciated!
View attachment 37800

Why do you need media? Your sand and rock should be sufficient. The aluminum is definitly
From the blocks.

We use MarinePure at our aquaria lab in our coral tanks and never seen any issues. We do plan on doing a ICP test so never know lol.

We use MarinePure at our aquaria lab in our coral tanks and never seen any issues. We do plan on doing a ICP test so never know lol.
Very curious when you get your ICP results! Please share them. From all the reading I’ve done, it seems the aluminum only affects leathers mainly.

Very curious when you get your ICP results! Please share them. From all the reading I’ve done, it seems the aluminum only affects leathers mainly.
We have two leather specimens in our frag system rn that we acquired on Tuesday. The green finger leather actually somehow cam off its rock rubble. Don't know if this has anything to do with that but all other corals till now are doing great. Definitely will share!