• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hippo Tang has white little bubbles?

Hippo Tang has these little white bubbles all over his body he is the only fish with them but I can't figure out what they are they almost look like air bubbles but I'm not sure. He was fine last night and this morning at 630 when I got home about 730 tonight I noticed them.
Any ideas and is it normal all the other fish are fine. ???

it could be ich. does it look like someone sprinkled the fish with salt. tangs are extremely sensitive to ich. which can be brought on by stress and temperature swings. a picture would help if you can get one.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I know some of my fish will get sand stuck to them once in awhile, sort of looks like ich. But it usually falls off in a few hours or so.

Was your tank subjected to any temperature swings? If so, that could cause the Hippo to get ich. They are very prone to it.

HTH

Start giving Garlic just to be safe
I would buy minced up Garlic at the store and put it in a bowl then put the Nori in and smush it around let sit for 10 min then feed to tangs
Mine would eat the whole minced up peices . I kicked Ich twice with this method

Jason

Help ME Please!

My water parameters are as following 1.26 on the salt 0 ppm amonia ph is 8.2, nitrites are at 0 and nitrates are 40 ppm, temp is 80 -81 deg,

I pulled all the fish and quarantined them for 2 days using quick cure,
I treated the tank with ich attack I have lost my mandarin, my hippo, coral beauty, 1 chromis, and now my two damsels have ich and one of two clowns when I put them back in after quarantine they looked fine for a few days I treated the tank for 4 days. now and did a 10% water change. I pulled my carbon again and started treating the tank with ich attack again.
I am also treating food with Kent Zoe.

Help my stupidity please!