• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Holy Money-Whirlpool, Batman!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Took a day off to go to Camden and see the sights.
Battleship NJ was pretty awe inspiring. Spent a couple hours onboard and could have done another 1-2 hours but decided to hit the aquarium.
So, trip across the way.
Two adults, one 11 year old, one 6 year old.
I got the military discount.
Wife and kids got a discount from BCBS.
Total $148, yep, $148 with discounts.
To top it off, entire aquarium can be done in an hour.
We were tempted to go though a second time to compensate for dollar value but there was nothing inspiring enough to keep us there any longer.
Oh well.

Salted

NJRC Member
Wow, was a frag included at least? Also, interesting, as in disappointing, that your military discount was applied to the purchase of your ticket only, not all tickets purchased. I'll be skipping this place based on your experience. Otoh, I heard that when @amado gets set up it will be free, that's where I'll be going.

horseplay

NJRC Member
For us reefers, not worth the admission. but kids probably enjoyed it.

Many years ago went to Paris and visited an aquarium there. Small aquarium but a lot of biotope tanks. A lot to look in each tank.

Even Jenkenson aquarium in point pleasant have some interesting tanks.

America aquariums are all about sharks and penguins.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I'd spend that for Long Island Aquarium, not Camden. thats a lot !

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Lol once I get everything setup. My charge will be beer.
My vote is always for the Long Island aquarium. It’s one of the only aquariums
That have a full reef tank.

Reactions: DEL

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I took 7 of my grandchildren to the Camden Aquarium last week on their spring break. I spent a small fortune between admission, lunch and the gift shop, but they did have a good day. We saw everything twice. My one grandson, whose favorite animals are penguins, was in 7th heaven getting so close to them.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I took 7 of my grandchildren to the Camden Aquarium last week on their spring break. I spent a small fortune between admission, lunch and the gift shop, but they did have a good day. We saw everything twice. My one grandson, whose favorite animals are penguins, was in 7th heaven getting so close to them.
my wife and I did the penguin encounter in long Island aq a few years ago. since we were there in the wintertime, there wasn't a lot of people so we got to hold and carry and play with the penguins and not be rushed!!