• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

home heating

not sure if this is the right spot but here goes im looking for a chimney/ heat guy I was told i need a liner and may need a furnace thanks for looking Chuck P and Anna Maria.

told by the inspector?

we had problems with the masonry in the house we purchased and decided to bite the bullet and pay for a stainless steel liner.

Not an inspector , but a friend of a friend we found the terra cotta loose inside and he recommended a liner but did not know anyone who installed them , was trying to see if anyone of our fellow reefers knew anyone. Thanks for the reply.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you also need a new furnace, forget about the chimney and put in a high efficiency furnace that can be vented right out the side of the house…no chimney needed.

Mikem is the guy.

redfishbluefish said:
If you also need a new furnace, forget about the chimney and put in a high efficiency furnace that can be vented right out the side of the house…no chimney needed.

Mikem is the guy.

That would be my recommendation too unless you still need it lined for your water heater.

my water heater is electric so i dont see the need for that, but thanks a ton for the info . I sent mike m a pm im just waiting for him to get back to me. I hope he can help me it would be great.

i would re think a furnace that vents out the side of the house. because my wife and i live in a log home we had trouble finding a place to run a chimney up through the house to the roof. every place we tried to run the chimney there was a log beam in the way. Our heating guy recomended a side vent furnace with a power venter.
well that certainly solved the problem but what most people don't realize is that it takes electric to run the power venter (added cost to heat home) and power venters only seem to last about 3-5 years and then they konk out. (about $500 for a new one) we have already gone through one and that was after 4 years.