• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How do you do it? GFO

So I use gfo and what I’ve been doing is making some fresh saltwater and running it through my reactor until it’s clear and put the reactor full of gfo and fresh water back in but it takes a good 2-3 gallons of water sometimes. I’ve also filled an old filter sock with the new gfo and ran RO water through which kinda takes a lot of time and I don’t always get all the dust out. So I’m just curious what you gfo users are doing to get rid of the Gfo dust.

When I changed it I would basically do a small WC to rinse it. Change it remove drain hose and fill a 5g bucket.
2 birds, 1 stone

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

When I changed it I would basically do a small WC to rinse it. Change it remove drain hose and fill a 5g bucket.
2 birds, 1 stone

So pretty much do a 5g WC through your gfo reactor? Which had the new gfo in it already..

So pretty much do a 5g WC through your gfo reactor? Which had the new gfo in it already..
Yep
5 gal is more then enough to rinse it out and to adjust the flow to get it right for the new media.
I did the same thing with carbon to rinse that too.