• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How is Everyone.

I know I have been gone a long time :mad: I was in Texas for a few months and was not on-line as much and stayed committed to my own forums pretty much. I also had some things to do at home. I ran into a thread that had a link to here and though I should come for a visit :D Also, I did not know what was going on when I TRIED to come here a few times. My browser would go into the "source" mode on this site and it was nothing but gibberish, so I gave up. I know now it was the browser I had switched to and not the site. I have to use Explorer or Mozilla.

Anyone going to IMAC in 2 wks ? And how many are going to MACNA.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
HEY Boomer! Long time, no "see"! Glad you figured out what the browser issue was. I'd also love to know which browser it was that was giving you fits!

I'm going to be missing IMAC, unfortunately... but we'll be taking Atlanta by STORM! There will be quite a few NJRC in attendance since we'll have a booth to man. ;D

Great to see you around again!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome back Boomer. We missed you around here.

I will be at IMAC this year but not MACNA. If you want to get together I'll be at the Seahorse.Org booth most of the time.

Hi Gals and Guys

First the browser was/is Opera and if I try to go beyond the home page, as in clicking on anything/link, you get this......

‘“ÿIèî+ªÒ£XVÕX¥ ¶G%¼aí¨»Ó¡^È2©’Ê(ã¡Ü13éÇœ:ÌIJéD¾�ô¨Ÿ]¿?¿å’oüK0‰8µdSÏ[/èg…MBE7Búƒ©67¶ÿ=]†`H¾³JÑO)'܆9Ÿ[ÜX¦{•zë²ÁKÅL‹”Úeò‚©¤}*Y—
—…³ ÏË»`°âŽ`ÍrÑŸSz&×"å:n| < ŒsFžœÙ𩌋”Þ§7ìê�‹£«?ÞÎ*7“e‘™ãÊùÓ7ʱðÜQa÷¾0¬£L÷ 3ýÒèLgZlmçfâØ ç,°4Ë=Ú 4sª é

Any bright ideas on how to fix this ? I love Opera it is better and faster and does so much more to suit my needs. Other browsers just fail at this. Opera is not new to me, I have used it for years, it is just that I had this website last year as a home page on Explorer for some reason and RC on Opera. Then my PC crashed, I lost all almost and had to start from scratch kinda. Thank God that I always make copies of my websites or I would have been out to lunch. I did loose allot of other stuff I had not put on a CD's yet. I figured I was safe, as I had a second hard drive with all my stuff on it, acting as just a giant storage bin. Well, that drive went out first and then the mother board went out the next week and taking my OS drive with it. When I fired back up I just forgot about the NJ thing being on Explorer but then remembered for some reason last night.

panmanmatt

I'll stop for a visit at IMAC if I do not have an senior moment. :'(

Phyl and others

I'll also be at MACNA, it looks like everybody on forums is going this year. A NJ booth to man ? Cool and for some reason RS will not have a both at MACNA. I have not asked yet if RF will be at any of them and don't even know if RC will have any.

On another note, where is Billy98 and Carlo ? They seem to be MIA from all forums.

Boomer i have the same problem with Opera on my Wii... i can only view the home page. only site that does it too... Opera can't read the forums scripting lol

Well, I tried and it did not get it to work yet. Have you tried this with Opera ? The Gibberish changes but I have not found the right one yet as there are like 60 of them in the "View" for Encoding :mad:

Boomer said:
.... and for some reason RS will not have a both at MACNA.

thats because Travis is too cheap to spring the tab..which is ridiculously inexpensive for RS to begin with ::)

see ya at MACNA, I owe you a drink ;D

Just looked at the page source and the code is using xhtml but there is no xml declaration. This is what is confusing Opera. So you may need to set a specific MIME type for this. Not sure what to set in Opera as I don't use it. But I will look around and see what I can find.

Best I can find is in Opera click View->Encoding and see if there is a "iso-8859-1". That should set the proper encoding for NJREEFERS. It appears opera converts all pages to unicode first then attempts to determine the proper encoding for the page.

I already tried that iso-8859-1 yesterday and still got gibberish. All it does is change it to another gibberish. :mad: But thanks for the try and help :D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Boomer said:
I'll also be at MACNA, it looks like everybody on forums is going this year. A NJ booth to man ? Cool ...

Information on the NJRC Booth at MACNA XX can be found HERE ;D

See you in Atlanta, Boomer!

Hey Boomer!

I haven't been on the board too much, some personal stuff I have been going through... But its nice to see ya around again! I will be going to Atlanta to help man 'our booth!!'

OK Billy and Phyl see you guys there ;D And Billy don't forget to call Julian for the Frags swap free stuff. And any thoughts about maybe getting Sanjay at the Frag swap ? He kinda owes me big time, not that it would be a 100 % guarantee.