• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How old is a split anemone

Wife and I were discussing anemones and life span. And she had an interesting question. I don’t expect anyone to have a definitive answer. But am curious what your opinions are.
If a 50 year old Nem splits.... one year later Is that “new” Nem one year old Or 51 years old
For the record my Daughter (Coral) thinks the answer is... it’s Yoda.

For those who want to know.... the real answer

Because anemones have identically programmed cells they are both 50. At the time of the split. There time line does not alter because of a split. Nor does it make them immortal. One of the two Nems could die tomorrow while the other could live for many years. The split does not change there age. What this means is if you buy a little anemone and it dies in a month. It’s possible that dispite it’s diminutive size. It could be at the end of its life span. And had nothing to do with you or your husbandry.