• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How to disable email alerts for posts/comments

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
If you would like to disable email alerts only (so the alert icon still lights up when you log in) you need to follow these steps:
  1. Click on 'Preferences' under your options (can be found by clicking your name on the top right corner on our site) Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 8.50.58 PM.png
  2. Uncheck the 'and receive email notifications of replies'Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 8.51.13 PM.png
This will take affect from here on out on any NEW thread

If you want to disable for old threads:
  1. Do the steps above
  2. Go to thread you want to stop getting emails alerts for
  3. Click 'unwatch thread'
    1. This will turn off ALL alerts for this thread
  4. Click on 'watch thread'
  5. Click on without receiving email notificationsScreen Shot 2018-03-15 at 8.51.47 PM.png

watch it with this stuff. i disabled my emails for something and ended up doing everything, didnt even notice. when i finally realized it, couldnt get them back on. there is a way in preferences, there is a way on the page, there is a way on the mobile app. i had to do everything and it didnt work. somehow it just started working again so just watch it with that stuff lol