• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How to remove the stubborn BTA

As titled, how?????? I've been trying for the better part of 2 wks with no success. I have 6 big bta in 5 rocks footed deep into crevices. I have tried ph placement, blowing foot with Turkey baster, dunking rock into tank (hoping gravity and water will help) I've suspended the rocks over a bucket with some water hoping it will release it's hold. I have not tried using g an ice cube on it's foot because there's no room. Can anyone shed some light on how to do it? The 5 rocks make up 90% of my aquascape. I plan on switching over to an sps dominated mixed reef.

Attachments

• 20171012_163110.jpg
    20171012_163110.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 28

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I used a plastic card to get two of my nems off rocks just this week. Can't tell if it hurt them or not (flower nem is sitting on the sand by the back wall and my rbt is Mia) sounds like you might not have room for that trick. Trade the rock with someone for new rock?

I was thinking chisle if i had a long skinny one i would potentially have a shot, just don't want to break the rock. I like the aquascape I have now and would like to leave it if possible........ i dont think thays going to be the outcome.

erics210

NJRC Member
I tried everything I could. Ice, Powerheads, after breaking one of my favorite piece of live rock to get Public Nemeny #1.....I decided to try a different tactic for the second one. I placed a airstone below him. He did NOT like the bubbles and moved. Kept chasing till he was far enough out to get him without hurting him!