• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How to sell frags?

I have a of frags in my tank that I need to sell or trade,just wondering how to go about pricing frags that I have. I have traded with a nearby store on rt.22, but was wondering if I was really getting the right price. I rather get the cash then store credit. i have one Green Monitpora that I grown from a frag its about 10" across and is very nice and full and also Kenya trees and others that I will post this week. Just wondering how to get the most from my work.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Probably your best bet is to take a peak @ www.manhattanreefs.com and www.reefcentral.com and look in their for sale sections and see the going rates.

Or, just price them how you think they should be, and adjust from there.

I'll tell you right now that Kenya Trees go for almost nothing, same with xenia and anthelia, and even some mushrooms.

SPS goes for more, usually, especially big'ens.

:)

The Kenya Trees I treat as weeds, I either give them away or throw them away. But the other pieces I think are worth a look at. I will try to post pictures latter today. Thank you, for the quick reply.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Most frags, unless they are a specialty item or have super coloration, you'd sell for 10-15$ for a nice sized piece. Anything exotic or special would be priced according to market demand for it.