• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How to set up a single overflow

Subliminal

NJRC Member
So, I am created a small frag system, with an acrylic tank and internal overflow setup up top.

The overflow area is small, with only a single hole in the middle. Was going to try and make a Durso, but there really isn't enough room.

How should I set up my overflow? Just the hole in the bottom? A pipe in the bottom, almost to the water level?

There will be nothing in the top except a rock and some frags, so no snail worries...

1683147660347.png

1683147676987.png

Just do a vertical pipe with a strainer you could "almost" vent it from the top like a durso

Editing because I just thought of something. I like the idea of strainers for safety even if you have to dremel the slots open a little more. I don't like how on my corner overflow I couldn't safely remove the strainer to clean it. I would every so slightly insert the strainer into the pipe so you can remove it at a later date.