• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How's everyone making out (roll call)

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Sorry to heat jr Jackson.

Still no power in old bridge. I think the temp spikes is making it worst for the fish. So far I've lost
A naso tang
2 clowns
2 of the frags from Herbie
Menalrus wrasse
Copperband bf
And the birds nest from down beach.

I don't know if I can make it to the 10th. When jcpl is saying its coming back.

Sorry to hear of the losses!
Im the first off the electrical grid in Manasquan and its on and holding. The JCPL guys said the main grids are energized, where intact, and power should be on a section at a time, like flipping breakers and seeing what holds.
Good Luck! Gregory

No power still...
Water is very cloudy....
Friends with power now came and dropped off fuel for my generator.

Been neglecting everything as we had a problem at work ans I was in the office.
Then spent more time at the Edison nj turnpike rest stop gas station than o ever care to.
The seahorses seem ok. Tangs are alive so far...really wish power. Would come back.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
still no power in wharton,
and getting back to the frag donations if my tank is alive when the power comes back id be more than willing to donate some.

Upstate NY had power now. I can tell you it does suck. I had just started my new 40 breeder. My 90 gal was full of beautiful corals, mushrooms, zoas, sps, lps, a huge bubble coral, and about 8" round beautiful hammer. Everything is lost after 4 days without power. All the money, hard work, everything gone out the window. I just got power back and trying to get back to normal but i keep passing my tanks wondering if i will even start these tanks again. Now i am happy my family and friends are safe, i also realize many people still don't have power. I know what they are going through. Good luck guys... Sorry I forgot to mention, I live in Orange County, NY. I have friends and family in Ocean County, Monmouth County and Atlantic City, NJ. Many are still without power. I am grateful that everyone is safe. As for me, I discarded my corals, inverts, nems, livestock, etc. I figured this would be a great way to start over. I just wish i took a picture of the dead tank but i didn't want to be reminded of it. I'm going to attack the tank tonight. I decided I will rebuild and will be looking for good deals to buy to start up again. If anyone knows of anyone selling cheap frags I am interested in buying. I already miss my bubble corals, hammers, toadstool, duncans, ppe rastas hornets and all my other zoas, frogspawn, acros, palys, everything. Ugh, I hate thinking about it. Well, thanks for letting me rant here. Here are a few pictures of my tanks covered the day after the lights went out. I guess it may have worked for a while but after the house got down to 55 degrees i knew there was no more hope. Tank reached 52 degrees so I knew my efforts were completed. Thanks again all. One picture showed my trying to keep the water warm with 36 hr shipping heat packs. Lol, that didn't work so well. Now that I'm thinking about it maybe i should have tapped some on the bottom of the tank. Either way the temps dropped to far down up here to help the tanks without a generator. The kids were in good spirits though. If only my fireplace actually worked in stead of just looking pretty...

Mike :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351900907140.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351900907140.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 103
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351900913013.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351900913013.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 98
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351900918555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351900918555.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 99
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351900925100.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351900925100.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 104
Well, day 5 on 50/50 generator ... all the tanks seem equally ok, but I wish the temp would stay consultant - I've since started on the hot water bottle and jug plan.

Sorry to hear the bad news some of you have shared ... just so sad.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I can sure use some gas. Can you text me. 732 666 5204

On generator since Tuesday. Reef was in poor shape to begin with, so not too far to fall. Fox face still alive, chromis are mia, corals all look okay. Have been runni g without lights due to generator restriction. Everything in the nano is fine, pistol shrimp and gobies are tough. Human beings are borderline psycho at this point.

Same as all with generator, going since Monday 4pm ish. Running 50/50, so far in the 55 gal I still have fish alive and the corals actually look fine. Keep a wood stove stocked at night to help with the temp swings. both nano tanks are fine as well. I would love power back but as I said before. Pse&g said power in somerset should be 100% by 11/11/12.... I will be one of those on 11/11/12. We are all fine ( 5 week old daughter, 3 year old, wife and elderly neighbor) and tomorrow is wash/ shower day for the neighbors. Propane delivery tomorrow....if you think you spend a lot on reefing, try buying propane. Ouch!!!

Cheers (bourbon is low),
Pete

power finally came back...making a big batch of water to change out...the 120 is a cloudy mess. Put a ton of carbon in to try and help...the water is stinky.

Reading this post-its sad to hear how much was lost in everyones tanks,glad to see no one was hurt and everyone is making it thru as best as possible.As most of ya know we're in Lancaster PA now and we were hit pretty good.Not as bad as the Jersey shore.Best of luck to everyone as we go forward.

My tank is totally gone. I still can't believe it. I have a generator, but couldn't run it continuously because of the gas shortage. So painful to see years of hard work perish. I'm not going to leave the hobby, but I will be going FOWLR next time. This give me some time now to redo a few things like plumbing, electrical, etc.

What should I do in a situation like this, do I get rid of my LR and sand?

My tank is totally gone. I still can't believe it. I have a generator, but couldn't run it continuously because of the gas shortage. So painful to see years of hard work perish. I'm not going to leave the hobby, but I will be going FOWLR next time. This give me some time now to redo a few things like plumbing, electrical, etc.

What should I do in a situation like this, do I get rid of my LR and sand?
Sorry for your loss. I would ditch the sand and cook the rock.