• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Huge garage coral farm amazing

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I think it’s important that people can join the hobby and not spend 1k on lights.
He was using the ocean revives and those are great lights.

Last edited:

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
You all remember Feng? Remember how beautiful his tank was? He never used name brand anything yet his setup was crazy !! It's all about the care, maintenance, and stability. He never even ran tests. His test kit was his eyes. I still remember my very first LED light was 2 Eco Ray 60 Leds. But of course at some point I got into the hype of name brand equipment, so I sold them. It's the social media world we live in that gets us every time.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You all remember Feng? Remember how beautiful his tank was? He never used name brand anything yet his setup was crazy !! It's all about the care, maintenance, and stability. He never even ran tests. His test kit was his eyes. I still remember my very first LED light was 2 Eco Ray 60 Leds. But of course at some point I got into the hype of name brand equipment, so I sold them. It's the social media world we live in that gets us every time.

I had one of the original "white" box LED's from Feng.....I think $300....or it might have been $200, can't remember, but it was a round number. Very basic white and blue LED's. He was one of the first to have LED's...my guess importing directly from China.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Fengs setup was very impressive. He had some of the largest fish I have ever seen.

EZreefin

NJRC Member
I remember Feng! Where is he now? I also remember his corner L shaped tank.it was amazing to see! I would Look at it for hours!

I have been using black boxes for years now and have grown everything from softies to SPS under them. I even bought 3 more for my new build and have been having great results. This is a pic at my 6 month mark. I agree with Amado. It's great that there are budget friendly lights that work.

Attachments

• PXL_20230607_002702144.jpg
    PXL_20230607_002702144.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: DEL

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Feng was the only store that never sold by names. He basically said. SPS $25. That big SPS $30. Mushroom $10. Etc. His tank was one of the first full sps tanks I saw in person. He had the biggest fish in the longest yet shallow tanks hahahaha. This was before social media.