• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

HUGE power outage in Monmouth County

A little over an hour ago my lights flickered, and I was prepared to get the generator going (again), but all that ever happened was a few flickers. Then I found out a little while ago there is apparently a HUGE power outage going on in Monmouth county (Keyport, Hazlet, Holmdel, etc. etc.).

Hubby just called me to let me know Belmar is affected as well as the tolls on the Parkway at exit 98. :eek:

Here's to hoping nobody is affected for a long period of time.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm just over the border in Middlesex County and I had the little brown-out / flicker on the computer...but stayed on...didn't crash. After a half hour or so, I checked on the tank and it kicked the lights off. Interestingly, the computer stayed on, but the lights went out. Must be a good one!

Wendy I hope everything is ok on your end and you dont lose power but you can plug in that generator if need be or better yet you can house everything in my tank until power comes on next year ::)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you are talking about mikem...who lives in Middletown; According to the map posted by pan, 5000 - 10000 outages in Middletown. If mike needs help, I'm about 20 minutes away...I'm available.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
yes I'm talking about MikeM he says his wife is taking care of the generator. But he still may need help.

Hirobo said:
Wendy I hope everything is ok on your end and you dont lose power but you can plug in that generator if need be or better yet you can house everything in my tank until power comes on next year ::)

all kidding aside if you need anything let me know

Thanks so much, Mike. So far so good. I'm SO glad we have the generator, it takes a huge load off my shoulder. :)

Hirobo said:
Hirobo said:

all kidding aside if you need anything let me know

I'm in Old Bridge and had the lights flicker but thankfully they did not go out . I think its time to invest in a generator .

Port Monmouth here, about 5 mins from MikeM.... power came back on about 25mins ago for us. Was out for almost 2 hours. No generator so I just got out my battery back up air pumps (was glad they had a charge still) and crossed my fingers. Was surprised how quickly I was losing temps in the tanks... need to look into affordable options to keep the heaters going the next time this happens.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow. Looks like we're in the lucky part of Jackson! There are 5-10K people here without power too! Holy cow!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
pnoyreefer said:
I hope all is well to everyone that is on the affected area. I hope everyone who loss power is back up and running...

According to panman’s link, still have problems. I’ve been watching this link, and there have been changes, so I’m assuming it’s current (the time is posted). Some places still appear to be in deep do.

Wow just got the tank up and no power...good news is the flood test passed :eek: probably not the smartest way to find out if it would be OK.
Everyting looks OK I didn't loose much heat.

Just got power back. Had to heat up the tank with some hot water in a bag since it was out for a few hours and it's only a 40.

Thank God it wasn't longer.