• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hunterdon County Reefers?

Anyone in the area looking to move some frags? I just started a reef tank for my kids - Stock Fluval Evo 13.5 - which means lower light corals. I’d want to start with some beginner items and prefer “movement” with the flow.

Tank is a month old.

ECA7008C-3101-440C-A7F2-A78D12329B29.jpeg58532185-365A-4F3D-AB6F-3CA4EB8CAB39.jpeg

Anyone in the area looking to move some frags? I just started a reef tank for my kids - Stock Fluval Evo 13.5 - which means lower light corals. I’d want to start with some beginner items and prefer “movement” with the flow.

Tank is a month old.

View attachment 27133View attachment 27134
For your kids... raising some future Reefers. How can I say no.
I am in Monmouth county can’t be to far from you. I’d be happy to donate a Kenya tree. Soft coral that moves nice in flow. And very forgiving. If you would like I have a frag they can have of a pale yellow candy cane or trumpet coral. Not quite as hardy but look nice and I find are not to demanding on light. Also if you want some GSP. Moves great in flow and will grow on glass making cool background. I’m sure I can spare some of that. I do have some pulsing zinnia you may have as well but be aware, they can spread fairly fast and have the potential to take over unless you give them an island or some way to control it. Otherwise you will need to keep an eye on it and remove any that jump ship and get somewhere you don’t want. I can explain more if any or all of these things are what you are looking for. Otherwise. Sincerely beat of luck. And don’t be a stranger. Post pics of the tank when it has corals. You can even encourage the kids to make a tale of the tank that is on this forum.

For your kids... raising some future Reefers. How can I say no.
I am in Monmouth county can’t be to far from you. I’d be happy to donate a Kenya tree. Soft coral that moves nice in flow. And very forgiving. If you would like I have a frag they can have of a pale yellow candy cane or trumpet coral. Not quite as hardy but look nice and I find are not to demanding on light. Also if you want some GSP. Moves great in flow and will grow on glass making cool background. I’m sure I can spare some of that. I do have some pulsing zinnia you may have as well but be aware, they can spread fairly fast and have the potential to take over unless you give them an island or some way to control it. Otherwise you will need to keep an eye on it and remove any that jump ship and get somewhere you don’t want. I can explain more if any or all of these things are what you are looking for. Otherwise. Sincerely beat of luck. And don’t be a stranger. Post pics of the tank when it has corals. You can even encourage the kids to make a tale of the tank that is on this forum.

Thanks for the offer. I’ve had tanks ever since I was a kid and hoping it rubs off on them. I went with the EVO because it had a lid, my 2 year old likes to make things splash!! Where in Monmouth? I go down to Freehold once in a while for work.

Thanks for the offer. I’ve had tanks ever since I was a kid and hoping it rubs off on them. I went with the EVO because it had a lid, my 2 year old likes to make things splash!! Where in Monmouth? I go down to Freehold once in a while for work.
Exit 117 of parkway in Keyport. That’s 15 minutes from cheese Quake rest area on parkway.

Where'd you get your rock from? I never see stuff like that anymore, it looks good :thumbsup:

Probably 15+ years ago, pre marriage and kids. Had a 55G FOWLR. Picked up pieces at LFS near Hackensack and fellow reefers. Rock has been stored in basement for 5 years.