• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I’m at a loss 0.17 Po4

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Well I’ll tell you guys this. I’ve had phosphate issues since day one on my tank, was reading .90 on the Hanna, i finally got my down to the 20-30 range and it’s been solid I’ve had it here for 6 months now zero issues all my algae growth in my sand bed went away off the glass rocks everything…

Here’s what i did, first i checked mt rodi maker wasn’t completely 0. Handled that by changing resin
Second was adding a small canister with gfo ram that till i got my phosphates down to 20s
Third i added chaeto into the mix with a strong light…

All the algae growth is gone corals are thriving growth is steady / slow but i don’t do any chemicals or crazy methods just let the tank sit

Cons are the chamber in my fuge where i grow chaeto is straight up nasty…. Chaeto grows but it has some much crap it in and build up gotta clean and replace my filter floss weekly

Do the gfo… i was scared at first it’s a life saver
Then get the chaeto if you want i can give you big lumps of chaeto just gotta rinse it down for you it’s nice chaeto aswell
My tank is w tang tank fully clear of ich so don’t be scared of any major critters aswell

Jamie S

NJRC Member
How are your sps reacting to the phosphate drops, Also how high were they?
My phosphates were .12 at the highest but I know the algae was sucking much of it also. My acan closed up a little and I lost one sps but other than that everything seemed not bothered.

I also stop chasing!! But in the last few weeks they jumped up so much… I already started to bring them down little by little bit at a time.