• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I can't believe this

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
To what level of ignorance or shadyness do people sell what they do not understand?

*EDIT I'm an ass I Forgot the description

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231116_175756_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_175756_Facebook.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20231116_202642_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_202642_Facebook.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I'm confused.. are you thinking the seller is being shady?

Facebook doesn't allow the selling of "live" animals so you either have to put "Fake" or in this case "plastic" decorations which is why its listed that way.

I don't think they were trying to get over on anyone just getting by the FB guidelines.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member

Facebook doesn't allow the selling of "live" animals so you either have to put "Fake" or in this case "plastic" decorations which is why its listed that way.

I don't think they were trying to get over on anyone just getting by the FB guidelines.

yeah this is it right here. both corals from a guy advertising as fake corals. its to circumvent fb marketplace rules.

Facebook marketplace did not allow live animal for sale , even most of coral are listed as fake decoration

spoke to this guy about berghia nudi's, seems real

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member

Yes see above

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Interesting. I was ignorant of this. Cool info.

On a separate note, I do have to defend some of the other ‘shadier’ sellers. I purchased a plastic reproduction of the Great Wall 8 years ago, placed it on the front lawn, and have managed, in that time, to avoid any and all Mongol attacks on the house.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
spinal-tap-stonehenge.gif
Interesting. I was ignorant of this. Cool info.

On a separate note, I do have to defend some of the other ‘shadier’ sellers. I purchased a plastic reproduction of the Great Wall 8 years ago, placed it on the front lawn, and have managed, in that time, to avoid any and all Mongol attacks on the house.