• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I couldn't help myself (Remember the guy who tried to rip me for the skimmer)

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Re: I couldn't help myself (Remember the guy who tried to rip me for the skimmer

Man, that guy is going to blow a gasket.

I almost feel sorry for him. Not really, but almost.

I like the "death in the family" excuse. I've been "ebaying" a LONG time, and that one is the first and favorite cop out of most. Kinda the "cried wolf" effect now. It's a toss up between that and "I was in the hospital", another favorite of mine.

I was gonna smack him down, but figured it would look too obvious. The money wasn't refunded, it was TAKEN BACK. Huge difference. :)

He seems to be trying awfully hard to hold onto the stuff for someone who claims they are trying to make room.

At this point he probably should have just thrown it out.

I just bumped up both of his threads for you Subliminal. Hope this guy gets the message about scamming fellow reefers. Word travels!

Subliminal

NJRC Member
Re: I couldn't help myself (Remember the guy who tried to rip me for the skimmer

Well, thanks everyone. I think the point got across, and the mod who closed the thread said that the dude needs to contact him before trying to sell anything else.

Dude says the skimmer and tank were sold, which I don't necessarily believe, but then again I don't necessarily care anymore.

I do like, how in all of this, the guy never apologized a single time. He could have ended this a long time ago by just saying he was sorry or even emailing his story before i made it public in the last few days.

Eh, whatever. Thanks guys. ;)

arvin

NJRC Member

Out of Bayonnereef's 50 posts, 49 posts were made between 3/19/2006 7:31 pm and 2:04 am next day. In this 6 hours he made 49 posts and all the posts are like "nice", "good looking tank", "nice pic" etc. This I found out yesterday while digging his MR & RC profile.

The moderator in RC says this while closing the post:

It takes 50 posts to sell on RC. Just something to think about.

Yeah, sure.

Arvind said:
Out of Bayonnereef's 50 posts, 49 posts were made between 3/19/2006 7:31 pm and 2:04 am next day. In this 6 hours he made 49 posts and all the posts are like "nice", "good looking tank", "nice pic" etc. This I found out yesterday while digging his MR & RC profile.

The moderator in RC says this while closing the post:

It takes 50 posts to sell on RC. Just something to think about.

Yeah, sure.

Oh wow, that is a bit too obvious! What a SCAMMER!

malulu

NJRC Member
a side story:
about 15 years ago, i was pissed of one guy that sell me something defected, but not allow me to return it.
so i keep calling his house at the middle of the night 2am or 3am, and say nothing... in the day time, i go out to use public phone, and call him from there, then leave the phone aside, that way, he can't make any new phone call out also can't recieve any phone call... (for about 2 months!!) i was laughing so hard, when his wife beg on the phone saying "...whom ever doing this... please don't do this any more... i can't stand it anymore...etc."

now aday, with Caller ID, can't play this game anymore... although the *70 may work, but i wouldn't recomment to do so...

I WAS GOOD - IN A BAD WAY!!!
:eek:

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Thats just plain crazy. I guess I know not to sell you anything lol.

malulu said:
a side story:
about 15 years ago, i was pissed of one guy that sell me something defected, but not allow me to return it.
so i keep calling his house at the middle of the night 2am or 3am, and say nothing... in the day time, i go out to use public phone, and call him from there, then leave the phone aside, that way, he can't make any new phone call out also can't recieve any phone call... (for about 2 months!!) i was laughing so hard, when his wife beg on the phone saying "...whom ever doing this... please don't do this any more... i can't stand it anymore...etc."

now aday, with Caller ID, can't play this game anymore... although the *70 may work, but i wouldn't recomment to do so...

I WAS GOOD - IN A BAD WAY!!!
:eek:

Subliminal

NJRC Member

I think the moral of the story(s) is to just treat other people the way you'd like to be treated in a deal, ya know?

This guy has never apologized, and didn't even bother to respond in any way until 20 people posted in his thread. Hopefully he learned a lesson, but I doubt it.

I know that if I mess up in a dealing, I try to make it right. Hell, I know that everyone I've dealt with in the NJR gang is the same way. I've only met a few of you, but everyone has hooked me up in ways that I didn't expect, and because of it my very new tank is already a thriving ecosystem.

Oh well...some people, ya know?

malulu

NJRC Member
Ed said:
Thats just plain crazy. I guess I know not to sell you anything lol.

note:
at that time, i was still a student, and can't affort to waste any penny... (get every cent supported from my old man's hard earn $)
:-[

and that was a $150 piece of crap... so... (you know, crazy thing you do as a kid...)
;)

Subliminal

NJRC Member

This sunuva... just left me negative feedback on ebay. After he tried ripping me off.

What a jerk. :(