• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I DESPISE WACHOVIA

I just got screwed BIG TIME by them :mad:, did anyone else? If you read my other thread, you know I am was in the process of buying a new home. Sorry no club meetings everyone :( unless a miracle happens.

phil519 said:
Did they place some kind of deadline on the loan and it didn't meet your closing date?

Not deadline. They suspended mime and my moms home equity line of credit on Aug 8. On Aug 13, we went to the bank to withdraw the funds, was told it was suspended because the value on properties had decline and needed to get our homes reappraised and they will adjust the line of credit accordingly. We called and scheduled a appointment with their appraiser for Aug 14 (at our expense instead of appealing, which would take longer) and on same day we received the notice about the suspension. Friday we received the appraisal and mailed it next day to them, today we get a call saying that it will be closed because the appraisal came in at a lesser amount then the original. Had they told us that we wouldn't have paid for it and would just reapplied. Now we lost all that time while everything was done for settlement on Aug 28. I am angry and frustrated right now with them, Sorry for the rant.

I don't think its there fault. This whole housing market is out of whack. Things like this have to happen (unfortunately for you) in order for things to get back on track. I am currently selling my home and had to go 60k below asking price in order for people to start biding on it. The sad part is that it wasn't the price scaring people away, but the TAX'S.

Subliminal

NJRC Member
I decided Wachovia was the worst bank ever, years ago.

I had a credit card through them. Every month I'd get double charges, or the balance would just be wrong. And every month they'd fix it, and raise my limit.

After about 6 months my $5k card was up to $23k limit, and I told them to cancel it. It just wasn't worth the hassle of calling in every month for a 25 minute phone call, explaining the same thing.

Then, they raised their ATM withdrawl fee. I went to a Wawa once, where the ATMs are free, and withdrew money. Wachovia still charged me $2 for the withdrawl.

That put me over the edge.

Now we do our banking with USAA Federal Credit Union. They don't have local branches, but they refund ATM fees charged by other banks and they have this deposit@home program where you just use a scanner and scan in your checks and they are immediately deposited. Even though Wachovia is about a mile from my house, my remote bank is MUCH more user friendly.

Screw Wachovia...

:)

ricwilli said:
I don't think its there fault. This whole housing market is out of whack. Things like this have to happen (unfortunately for you) in order for things to get back on track. I am currently selling my home and had to go 60k below asking price in order for people to start biding on it. The sad part is that it wasn't the price scaring people away, but the TAX'S.

Not blaming them for suspending the account but the run around to try and get it to reopen. Had me wasted money for the 2 appraisal for nothing. :mad: That's what angers me.