• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I did a biggie today

Damn damn damn I can’t believe I just did that,, the 5ft 130gal tank with five eighth thick glass I got from @ madreffer is now broken
I was moving it with hand cart and tripped over my daughter’s bike (didn’t see it) and when I fell I let go of hand cart and the tank kinda slammed down hard on garage floor and the whole bottom smashed and cracked, like spider web ,, I feel soooooo stupid. And it’s my own fault, I knew that I should of asked neighbors help he was right outside at the time but being the big gorilla that I am I figured I could get it myself. Lesson learned
I’m thinking of asking local glass place if it could be replaced , it’s only bottom piece that broke everything else is ok,, see what they say and how much would it cost.
Uggh I’m such a clumsy idiot. Also cut my leg in all the commotion

Attachments

• F9882593-C5D0-44B6-B9BB-BE0644D99BD0.jpeg
    F9882593-C5D0-44B6-B9BB-BE0644D99BD0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • 8DDD7882-1E0E-40E5-887C-310E50E6B9BB.jpeg
    8DDD7882-1E0E-40E5-887C-310E50E6B9BB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Sorry bro that sucks
Yes it does but I have an idea,, it’s spider web cracked but not one piece fell out it’s all perfectly in place but cracked all to hell,, didn’t affect the sides or back or front. So I’m thinking using some type of bonding solution an spreading thick layer over the cracked glass then put a quarter inch thick piece of glass over it and letting it dry and bond together then doing same thing on the outside also making a sandwich type fix
IDK just a thought,, do any of my peeps think that would work. It’s such a beautiful tank I have to try n save it
Any thoughts my reef peeps

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
With the glass being cracked like that, the structural integrity of the tank as a whole is lost. Patching it up is a very risky move, personally something I wouldn't do.

You would need to completely remove the bottom panel, and replace with a new piece.

If you have only one hole maybe you could just put silicone % a piece of glass on top that works. I done it. But right there I think is too much broo ... be careful if going on that direction...

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This is horrible. I am glad you are ok it could have been worst. I wouldn’t use that tank.
I would just toss it

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
If you have only one hole maybe you could just put silicone % a piece of glass on top that works. I done it. But right there I think is too much broo ... be careful if going on that direction...
Maybe, but I still wouldn't trust it. Even with a small hole, there could be stress lines that maybe you can't or didn't notice.

This is horrible. I am glad you are ok it could have been worst. I wouldn’t use that tank.
I would just toss it
Would break my heart to toss it,, it’s such a beautiful tank real thick starfire glass. I have to take it to a glass place and see if can be replaced and how much cost