• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

i finally got an HD TV

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Get a Blu-ray player (or PS3) to go with it. Blu-ray is absolutely amazing on a 1080p TV.

i jst realized that this is so much larger than any other tv i have ever had. really love it

i got an hdmi cable for the ps3

youpey said:
i jst realized that this is so much larger than any other tv i have ever had. really love it

invest in a good surround sound for your bluray/games, COD on my 42" with 5.1 is heaven

youpey said:

Do not pay more than 15 dollars for an HDMI cable. Monster cables and other companies will try and sell you cables that are really expensive but it does not make a lick of difference. Go to amazon, they actually sell one for $.99 and it works pretty well.

i have surround sound already but its not connected yet. we had to use a different stand and there wasnt enough room for it. i have to find a spot for it

i got my hdmi cable from target. i saw some online but didnt want to wait for shipping. i had a gift card so it helped on the price

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
if you ever need more cables, you can try monoprice.com

They have THE BEST cables for the money. Monster quality cables with low prices.

do you guys know if the xbox 360 can use a regular HDMI cable or do i need the xbox specific one.

i have the 20gb edition that came out years ago.

i currently use those green, red, blue plus the 2 audio cables ( i think those are the colors) 5 cables total. it displays 1080p when i use the xbox, but i read that HDMI is the best. i am not sure if it will make a difference

It's not a very noticable difference from composite cables to HDMI, but my experience is with Fios so...

My 360 works with a normal HDMI cable.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
they're probably waiting for the freight company to lay the train tracks to your house so they can deliver. LOL